Saturday, April 21, 2007

This has saved me 100's of hours


For years I was the only one in my household that could iron. Yes, I tried to teach my husband but he didn't give it much effort. Why should he when I was so good at it?:)
About 10 years ago I saw this professional steamer at Costco. It was expensive but I thought it was worth a try. It turned out to be one of the best investments in myself and my time that I have ever made!
Why is it that when men have a job to do they go out and buy the best tools for the job and women seem to scrape buy with cheap irons and vacumes and use them many times a week for decades?
My children, starting at 5, could steam their own clothes. My husband has no trouble either. Our family uses it about 98 percent of the time. I rarely ever get out the ironing board. Clothing stores use these because what would normally take 10 minutes to iron, takes 1 or 2 min. to steam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Why would anyone iron?