Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fast Way to Cook Bacon

Open a package of bacon and slice the whole block up and put in a pan to cook. As it gets warm the pieces start falling apart. I stir a little but don't really have to turn it.

If you are cooking bacon to use in a salad or even a sandwich this method saves a lot of time. If you cut it up and put it in a pan it all cooks evenly and you don't have the messy job of crumbling it after.

Can you see that each piece is crisp and there are no burnt pieces and no raw pieces.

When I cook for my family, I am looking for speed and efficiency over how pretty it looks. If you think it looks tacky on the plate you could throw it in scrambled eggs.
I cook the whole pound at once and can use it later in the day or week. This cooking method can save 10 or more minutes.

1 comment:

Colette said...

I don't hardly buy or cook bacon but since Travis was working on his cooking merit badge, he got to choose the menu. I lined up the bacon on a cookie sheet and cooked it at 400 for 20 mins. It came out perfect. It was a little smoky when I opened the oven door but way better than the mess that cooking it on the stove makes. I'm going to try your method next time.