Thursday, April 3, 2008

Find Your Top Character Strengths

When I was in coaching school we learned about this free tool. It is a questionnaire that you take online. If I remember right, it takes 30 or 40 minutes. After you finish the quiz you can print out your strengths in order and it explains a little about each one. I think self help quizzes are fun, especially when the answer is how great you are:) It seems like all we think about is our problems and where we need to improve. This tool helps you see just how wonderful you really are. The test helps by showing you your unique strengths.

In life it is best to concentrate on things that we do well. Whatever we pay attention to increases. Why not pay a little attention to your best character traits?
It is called the VIA Signature Strengths Questionnaire. If you would like to take it go to this website:

www.authentichappiness.com

After the page is opened click VIA Signature Strengths Questionnaire and a login box will appear. You will have to give them an email address and get a password. ( I took this test a year ago and haven't received any emails from them. ) It is given from the Positive Psychology Center at the University of Pennsylvania.

1 comment:

Krista Brailey said...

Thanks for the comment Carla! I just saw Shawn Achor speak, on Positive Psychology (he is a Harvard Prof. What an incredible speaker and inspiration. He gives some incredible scientific facts/experiments on Human Potential. I will have to write in my Blog about it! He mentioned doing the Authentic Happiness test. I found it very helpful!! I got my son to do it too...though a bit long...he managed to answer all the questions. I found out a lot about him, that I hadn't realized, and he came to some realizations about how great he really is and that there is some stuff that he may need to work on!
You've got a great Blog here!! Thanks! We'll meet you on the next Bob Proctor Cruise!! --Krista!